If you want to use your phone as a contactless credit card or to transfer data from your Android phone to another device, you probably are looking into NFC.
Sometimes, terms that are just acronyms feel scary and confusing, however, having NFC enabled is a pretty easy process and can make your phone more useful! So today, we will be answering the question What is NFC on Android and how do you turn it on.
What is NFC on Android
NFC stands for Near Field Communication, and is a type of technology that allows users to make secure transactions with card readers, exchange digital content on devices near each other, and connect electronically with devices when they touch.
This technology was first introduced as a way to do contactless card payments but also can be used to charge the battery if your phone is running low and someone else has a phone that is able to give battery to yours.
How to turn on NFC
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your Android device
- Step 2: Select Connections then NFC and Contactless Payments
- Step 3: Select the switch next to OFF under NFC and Contactless Payments. This will then unlock settings for NFC, which you can explore.
- Step 4: Select Contactless Payments on this screen.
- Step 5: There will be a few mobile payment services to choose from. You can select the service you want to use, and then follow that service’s directions to connect a payment type.
Now that you have NFC connected, you should easily be able to make payments and use various new features of your phone, depending on what Android phone you have. I use NFC all the time, as it’s so much easier than carrying around my credit card when I pay for things. Plus, when using your mobile phone, there often is no limit for contactless, which is always quicker.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels