Personally, I have never answered an incoming phone call on my phone. I just don’t, and I am sure I am not alone in this. If you have a new phone, you might be trying to figure out how to set up voicemail on android, which would really help you ignore your calls.
Having voicemail set up means that when you miss a call, whoever called you can record a little message that you can check later to see who it is and why they aren’t just texting you like a normal person.
How To Set Up Voicemail On Android
If you have a carrier that automatically sets up your voicemail, you will likely be setting up your voicemail during the normal phone setup you have to do to get your phone working.
If you have done that, and need to edit your voice mailbox message or make any changes to your voicemail, you can do that by calling your voicemail and then listening to your telephone provider’s options. Otherwise, here is how to set up voicemail on Android.
- Step 1: Navigate to your Settings on your Android Phone.
- Step 2: Select Call Settings and then Voicemail. You can often use the search options in settings to find your voicemail, by typing in voicemail.
- Step 3: Select Voicemail Setup or Setup depending on your device.
- Step 4: Select your mobile carrier under Voicemail Service.
- Step 5: Select the voicemail number you want to use and type it in. This will be where your voicemails are sent to.
- Step 6: Select OK on the pop-up that appears, saying that your voicemail number has been changed.
- Step 7: Navigate to make a call and dial 1. Your phone will then dial your voicemail.
- Step 8: Listening to the pin or password provided and enter it into your phone.
- Step 9: Record the name you want your voicemail box to play when people get to your voicemail and follow all other prompts. You can even record a few sentences if you’d like.
- Step 10: You should be all set, but some mobile service providers might have a few extra steps, in which case, you just need to follow the voice commands.
Once your voicemail is set up, you’ll likely just be able to forget about it, which is handy, as it’s a whole thing to set up, to begin with.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend to redeem for huge discounts! Also, sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new-gen console drops, deals, and more. Please note the GameByte Shop is available for UK customers only.
Featured Image Credit: Pexels