Learning how to clear cache on Android will help speed up your handset and overall browsing experience. When you are navigating between sites on your mobile device, you will end up filling up your cache with all sorts of information that will make browsing easier and quicker in the future.
There are a number of reasons you may want to clear your cache on your Android device, and it’s not too complex to actually figure out how to clear cache on android. So, let’s get into it.
Chrome – How to clear cache on Android
If you are using an android device, you are probably using Google Chrome to navigate the web, so these instructions are for Google Chrome specifically.
- Step 1: Open the Chrome app on your device.
- Step 2: At the top, right-hand side of the screen, select the three-dot menu.
- Step 3: Select History and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Step 4: Decide what time range you’d like to clear. This can be from a few hours ago, to All Time.
- Step 5: Select the boxes next to Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Images and Files.
- Step 6: At the bottom of the screen, click Clear Data.
Firefox – How to clear cache on Android
If you are using Firefox as your browser, the process is also pretty similar.
- Step 1: Open the Firefox app on your device.
- Step 2: Select the three-dot menu, on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Step 3: Select Settings from the menu, then Clear Private Data.
- Step 4: Check the box next to Cache, Cookies & active Logins and History to clear your cache.
- Step 5: Select Clear Data at the bottom of the screen.
After this, you will often need to sign in to sites again and images may take slightly longer to load until they have been saved in your cache again. You can do this from time to time to clear out anything that has been saved on your phone and give yourself a little refresh, digitally.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: