Do AirPods work with Android? If you have both Apple and Android devices, or if you just like AirPods, you can use them with whatever devices you want to use them with. Airpods will not work as well with Android devices as some features, like automatic pairing, will not work with your Android device.
Much like anything that can connect through Bluetooth, you can connect these earbuds to anything. If you are just straight-up connecting your AirPods, there are a few features which won’t work out of the box, and instead, you will need to mess around with the devices to get them working.
Do AirPods Work With Android? – Here’s The Answer
Whilst users can hook up AirPods on any Bluetooth-enabled device, there are some features that won’t work on non-Apple devices:
- Simple Setup – When using AirPods on iOS, there is a really simple setup process, however, using them with Android will be a more complex setup.
- Spatial Audio – Apple devices paired with AirPods Pro and AirPods 3 have Spatial Audio, which is basically a more immersive audio experience, making the sound feel like it’s coming from all around you, as long as you are using Apple Music. This won’t work on your Android.
- Customizing Double Tap – You can change what tap/press does when setting up on an iOS device. This can allow you to play/pause, go to the next track and select the previous track, but only works with Apple devices.
Do AirPods Work With Android? – More Tips
- Siri – You can press or tap to have access to Siri to change songs, skip songs, adjust the volume, and more, by saying Hey Siri, but that doesn’t work on Android.
- Automatic Switching – On Apple devices, AirPods are linked to iCloud, which allows them to switch easily between different Apple devices.
- Battery Level Check – Apple devices allow you to ask Siri about the AirPods battery life. You can also check it from various settings on Apple, however, on Android, you will need to use the AirBattery App or Assistant Trigger to know the battery level of your AirPods.
- Ear Detection – when you remove your AirPod from your ear while using an Apple device, it will pause what you are listening to until you put it back in. This does not work on Android.
- Single AirPod – When it comes to listening to your music from a single AirPod, you can only do that on Apple devices, and will need both AirPods in your ears to listen on Android.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels